Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Songs of the Summer

Friends, the songs of the summer have been decided. For those of ya'll not familiar with the process: Every season, but especially summer, I pick a handful of songs that worked their way into my world and capture what that season has been for me in music. Sometimes it is brand new stuff, sometimes it is something that has been around a while and just struck me during those months. Sometimes other songs come out that I absolutely love, but something about their lyrics or tune don't merit "Song of the Summer" status.
Anyways, I've decided what songs made it into the Soundtrack of Summer 2011 to me and here they are:

OneRepublic - Good Life


Florence + The Machine - You've Got the Love


A Fine Frenzy - Bird of the Summer


The Civil Wars - Poison & Wine


Coldplay - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall


Bette Midler - The Rose


Karen O - Worried Shoes


Lady Gaga - The Queen

Now I know what you are thinking, it is only late July. Well, here in Wisconsin summer is winding down a bit and if a song hasn't made an impression on me yet, it will end up in the "Songs of the Autumn" so don't worry about it.

No comments: