Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fall Reading 2011

Okay friends, it's time to get serious about fall reading. I have all these books chilling on my shelf, waiting to be partaken of. And then there is some room in my thoughts for other books...

Here's what my list of books I am definitely reading this fall:

- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I sincerely love this book even if it is such a chick flick classic. It makes me happy, and plus, afterwards I get to watch the six hour Colin Firth erotica version.

- Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff. Call me gay, but I love Elizabeth Taylor. I watched the movie with her in it earlier this summer, and I was in heaven. So I decided to read a biography about Cleopatra. I love biographies about ill-fated historical figures. The Marie Antoinette one I read a while back was marvelous.

- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I saw the movie with the dashing young Kenneth Branagh in it and I have been meaning to get to this one and just haven't. But I bought my own copy, which means I HAVE to read it now.

- The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I read this one two years ago, but it was a bit of a rushed reading so I am not sure I really appreciated. It's a sobering book that I will have to save for a week when I have time to just sit and cry a bit.

- Other books I'm considering: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, and World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks, and The Lady in the Tower by Alison Wier.

1 comment:

Miss Nesbit said...

Of the ones you're considering, I've only read The Secret Life of Bees, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm very intrigued by the zombie one...