We are in the home stretch to Christmas and I am finally getting excited. Here is what is going on in my life for the next 10 days:
- I work all weekend in the bar which is usually somewhat relaxing.
- Tuesday I am cooking a special Hanukkah feast for the family (who have no idea what Hanukkah is) and I am super excited. Remind me to write a post about how my coworkers think our family is Jewish. It has been a while since I made bread so I am pretty anxious about that. I might watch The Hebrew Hammer afterwards.
- I will be reading Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol.
- Miracle of miracles... I don't work Christmas Eve. The last time I didn't work Christmas Eve was 2006. So yeah, this will be weird. I am used to closing up shop like Kermit the Frog and singing like in The Muppet Christmas Carol. I am actually contemplating picking up a shift.... but I don't know, maybe I will just try to savor the novelty of not working on Christmas Eve.
- We enter the baking mothership. I have a whole heap of stuff to bake this week: pumpkin bread, Grandma's fudge, soft molasses cookies, gingerbread, sugar cookies, Oreo truffles.... It is going to be a diabetic obstacle course up in here.
- Savoring the quiet moments around the house before the children are home for Christmas break.
So here we go...WELCOME TO MY CHRISTMAS ATTACK ZONE!

1 comment:
I watched me some Rare Exports last Christmas. What the what? Hope you're ready for lots of naked Santa. Haha.
Post a Comment