My coworkers didn't get that Ferris Bueller reference last Friday at work. It was tragic.
I admit - I am an avid movie watcher. So sometimes I make a movie reference and it falls upon deaf ears. I mean, when I am at work and I call someone Tina and tell them to go get my ax, I don't expect them to know I am talking about Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest. I realize some movies just don't get the same exposure to the current generation of youths (meaning anyone born in 1990 or after). But friends, there are movies that are nice to see, and then there is REQUIRED VIEWING. If I start ranting "They're all going to laugh at you! They're all going to laugh at you" and you don't know I am re-enacting Carrie... oh boy, we are going to have issues. Horror classic. Classic. Or if I go on one my absurd lectures on how Scarlett O'Hara was one smokin' bitch and you ask me who that is, consider yourself dead to me. And worst yet, ask who Meryl Streep is....oh goodness, I will blot your name from existence in my mind.
Children of the world today are being failed by society. They go to midnight showings of wretched movies like Twilight, but cannot tell me a movie Barbra Streisand has been in. I don't think I want to live in a world like that.

1 comment:
FUR REALZ. I realize sometimes the movies I quote are obscure, but I'm with you there are some that everyone should be required to see. ALSO, I'm like super excited you're reading Zombie Survival Guide (please tell me how it is cause I was tempted to get it), AND that you have Supernatural next in your Queue. I'm currently on Season 2 and it's AWESOME. I mean, who doesn't want to stare at Jensen Ackles, am I right???
Post a Comment