Above: A new flower bed I put in this spring. It feels really sparse and I need to fill it in more, especially in the back. But it is all perennials and so I am excited to see how well it comes back next year. Below: The start of my sunflowers! Growing sunflowers is one of my absolute most favorite things about summertime.
Above: The start of my pumpkin patch! Last year I got 27 pumpkins, and I planted a pumpkin patch about four times as big as last year's. I am not sure what I love growing more, pumpkins or sunflowers? Below: The flower garden in the back yard. Our hollyhocks are huge for this time of the year. I have been steadily putting perennials in this flower bed over the years and I think this year will be it's best yet.
Above: The shade garden outside my window. It makes it feel more like a Hobbit Hole now. Below: The flower bed in front. The iris blooms are in full force and I am excited this year because my rose shrubs look like they will finally start blooming and then I also have a ton of Black-Eyed Susans in the garden.
1 comment:
I decided recently that the lawn makes the house. When a house has a pretty lawn and garden, it always looks ten times better. You have made Mom & Dad's house look like a million bucks with your awesome gardening.
Post a Comment