Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Les Miserables: The Movie


I am pretty sure this will be perfection, even despite Anne Hathaway. Hugh Jackman is the perfect Jean Valjean. And it makes me hope people will rediscover the book and the musical. I read the whole 1600 page book this spring...and even Anne Hathaway singing "I Dreamed a Dream" makes me want to cry.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Well I am glad they are making Fantine hairless and toothless. They always skip that part in the movies, but it makes her so much more tragic. But Anne stinkin' Hathaway. Does she have to ruin this for me too?

Grant Kellie said...

Here's the upside: She croaks part-way into the movie. And another good thing Helena Bonham Carter is playing Madame Thernadier.

Miss Nesbit said...

I agree with you 100%. I'm not too thrilled about Anne, but Hugh is PERFECT. But then I watched the trailer and by the end... ugh my heart.