Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Paper Chain Project

I have a sincere love/hate relationship with summer. At times I love summer because it means blue skies and wildflowers and lemonade, but then sometimes it also means kids out of school and painfully hot afternoons and TV shows on hiatus. Add to that my July issues, and sometimes I relish summer less than the other seasons. I put a lot more effort into summer, trying to make it more fun and carefree, such as my summer Netflix project and creating Summer Bucket Lists.

But one thing I decided to do this year is to make a paper chain with each link having the date on it. My family knows it as my 'summer countdown" since the shorter the chain gets, the closer we are to autumn and school being back in session. But the other part of the project is that everyday when I take off a link, I write something awesome I did that day or something that happened. Then, I fold it into a tiny airplane and I have a few Mason jars I am putting them in.

Hopefully, I will be pushing myself to enjoy each individual day, rather than just trying to survive until fall.

2 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

Woah. Recording the awesome things you did each day sounds super awesome. Good idea!

Miss Nesbit said...

This sounds like an awesome project! That's such a great idea! I hope your summer is filled with many wonderful things!