Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Things I Need to Have in My Life RIGHT NOW

- Pierced ears. Seriously. For a guy with pierced nipples, I have yet to work up the nerve to pierce my ears. I think partially because Bobby the Republican will frown upon it. But I already have visible tattoos, so what's the big deal? Generally speaking, I like the look of pierced ears on men, and I think that pierced ears isn't as big of a deal as pierced eye brows, lips, etc.

- More Sex and the City in my life. I have the whole series on DVD, and although I am have been trying to watch Supernatural and How I Met Your Mother recently, I think what my sucky mood needs is my four favorite girlfriends.

- Local gay friends. Not to hook up with, just to be around. Heavens to betsy, every once in a while I shudder at the realization that everyone around me is allegedly straight. Keyword though: Allegedly. Albeit, what did I expect in a white trash hick town in northern Wisconsin? But still, I need gay/ lesbian/ transgender/ queer buddies of some sort. Is that so much to ask?

- My summer Netflix project. Last summer I basked in the glory of Barbra Streisand, Cher, Bette Midler, and Sigourney Weaver... And now that summer break is but a few weeks away, I need to finalize and maybe start my summer Netflix project. Basically, I choose a couple of actors/actresses and watch every single movie they were ever in. It is lovely, of good report, and praiseworthy...and it adds some fun to my mundane life. And I feel a Whoopi marathon coming on.

- Summer gardening: Right now I am ready for summer, and that means I need pumpkins, sunflowers, and corn at least starting to grow. Maybe I am a bit overzealous for the first week of May...but I want to feel like summer is underway for realsies.


2 comments:

Stacie Lou said...

Hey you can do all these things! Well, maybe not the local gay friends part. I imagine outing all the closeted Wisconsin hick gays will not result in friendships. Hey, you know where there is a pretty large gay community? Albuquerque!

Miss Nesbit said...

I feel like you should do Meryl Streep this summer. Or... how do you feel about Susan Sarandon? I'm liking Whoopi though. :)