Thursday, May 3, 2012

Why I Am Pro-Choice

- I do not have a uterus. I will never have to worry about being raped and getting pregnant. I will never have to be self-righteously pushed into foregoing contraceptives. I will never have to worry about whether I am going to get knocked up and then left by my husband/boyfriend. The fact of the matter is that men SHOULD be pro-choice because other than donating the spermies...we don't have a lot to do when it comes to childbirth. Men should have enough respect for women to not regulate their uterus.

- You want to regulate contraception? Allow employers and government officials decide the fate of each egg an ovary produces? We're not talking about abortion, we're talking contraception. If your boss gets to know if you are using contraception or not, I think they should also be able to monitor how many times dudes choke the chicken. Just saying. Account for each wee little spermie and maybe you can start talking about regulating eggs.

- I am all for less government mandates in my personal life. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness ya'll. And I know what is best for me, my body, and my possible future children more than any other f*cker around. You don't want government to regulate your body via death-panels, forced sterilization, etc? Well, maybe you should return the favor and not try to regulate and control your neighbor. Liberty is liberty regardless if you are thrilled with what people do with it or not.

- Obviously, people can't be ripping late-term babies out of wombs because they don't feel like giving birth. The way I see it, the first trimester is completely about choice, by the second trimester there needs to be some serious issues going on in order for an abortion to take place, and by the third trimester...well, you're almost to full term and that's where I think government should have a heavy hand.

- If you're going to by pro-life, you sure as hell better be ready to be pro-social programs, because you are forcing a woman to have an unplanned pregnancy, and then you are saying "fend for yourself".

- For the record, I use the only 100% effective form of birth control. Homosexuality. It works ya'll.

No comments: