Saturday, November 10, 2012

Current Dilemmas of My Life

1. I don't know what to do with my hair. I have been shaving my head for the last nine to ten months. And when I say shaving, I don't mean just with a buzzer, I mean with a razor. It has been a fun look because for a gay boy, I think I look pretty tough with it. A sort of stern lumberjack look. But I have been itchin' for a change in hairstyles. The problem is that it is going to be a bit before it is even remotely grown out. So I have to deal with the interim non-hairstyle.

2. I really want to grow an epic beard. But you see, I work in a restaurant and that sort of thing is frowned upon. I am already surprised that I get away with as long of a beard as I do have. 

3. It should snow soon. I will be okay with it if still takes a few weeks, like maybe Thanksgiving-ish. Here's the problem. We had a cold snap for a bit, and now it is a somewhat warmer and my daffodils are coming up. I am so worried for them. And it confuses me and I think it is early spring, not late fall. 

4. One of my favorite characters was just killed off on The Walking Dead. I cried like a baby. And yet Karl lives. Stupid Karl. (Actually this episode was one of the first where I wasn't sincerely annoyed by his presence.) 

5. The town of Marshfield is kind of driving me nuts right now. Here's the deal: It is hunting season, not the main one. Right now it is mostly small game, but you are allowed to hunt deer with bows. And when these hillbillies are lurking all over every stretch of land trying to kill something....I am a wee bit creeped out. Of course, the current hunting saga is just foreplay to the main deer hunting season with rifles which happens in two weeks or so. The whole thing is eerily reminiscent of The Road. Most years hunting season is faintly humorous, but for some reason this year it kind pisses me off more than usual. I think that is a sign that my patience for this hick town is wearing thin. 

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

I hate Karl!! I'm so glad you hate him too Granty. Also, I hate how Rick always yells CORAL!!!!! It's Karl Rick. CORAL!!!!!