- Old Joan Crawford Movies: Call me gay, but I love Joan. I know she was nuts, but I think that's why I love her. My Netflix queue this November has been full of Joan classics. "Dancing Lady" with dreamboat Clark Gable was especially good. And all this Joan Crawford viewing has resulted in me calling various coworkers "Christina".- Planning An Escape For 2013: I don't go on many vacations and when I do, it is usually to go visit someone. But as of late I have been plotting a two or three day getaway for next spring or summer. I want to find a remote nook of the woods where I can chill for a few days. I have been checking out camping supplies and looking at KOA cabins, and I am not sure what I am going to do...but I spend twenty minutes a day checking this plan out.
- Cher's New Single: I am not even a woman and I want to go burn my bra. In all seriousness, I like the way Cher has been talking a lot recently about women's issues. (See her November election message.) And it is Cher, so of course, I adore her.
- Quoting Scarlett O'Hara and Having No One Get It: Scarlett always had the right thing to say and I have developed a love for referencing her. "If I wasn't a lady, what wouldn't I tell that varmint"..."Great balls of fire"... "That old hen"... "She'll turn pea-green with envy"... "If I said I was madly in love with you, you'd know I was lying"... "Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?"... "I've never heard of such bad taste" And all of it with a classy Southern accent. But no one gets the references and that is the tragedy of my life.
- Trying To Be More Like Lucille Bluth: Minus the martinis. If you don't recognize the reference, Lucille Bluth is the matriarch of the Bluth family in Arrested Development, with is currently my late night viewing addiction on Netflix Instant Play... and I adore her. Mostly I try to copy her facial expressions. I try quoting her but I am not that good at it yet. Someday hopefully though.
No comments:
Post a Comment