- Lamar's Smokehouse: A true hole-in-the-wall restaurant. It's this little place that connects to a Baltus gas station on the edge of town. It's definitely a place where you only go because someone told you to. But every time we have been there, the five tables are packed. And it's got the best pulled pork sandwich I've had in a long time.
- This song "Lead Me Home" in the promos for The Walking Dead is giving me everything I need. Ya'll don't even know. I think I found the Song of Spring 2013.
- Counting down the days to Daylight Savings. (Three weeks from today). Winter is killin' me this year. I need the extra daylight in the evenings. I get off of work around 5 pm, so right now I am getting home right about the time the sun is setting. It is going to be so nice to have some extra daylight. Otherwise, I feel like I was at work all day, and that's no good.
- I am switching jobs at work. Not drastically, a few days a week I will continue to bartend/serve, but now I will also be cooking. I am so looking forward to wearing whatever I want to work and to not working for tips. It shall be lovely. I mostly made the change because when you work for tips, it is easy to feel judged every few moments as you get shabby tips. But hopefully I can mix things up a bit, and I like to think I am an excellent cook. I am actually hoping to find a second job, something for a few hours in the evening. My dream second job is working in a bookstore. We'll see about that.
- Game of Thrones. It's HBO so of course I will love it. Arya Stark is my favorite character...but I kind of love the Evil Queen. Right now I am in the middle of the second season. HBO does such good stuff ya know? PS: King Geoffrey is one of the most repugnant fictional characters I have ever met... you kind of hope the jerk gets it in the end, don't cha?

No comments:
Post a Comment