Friday, February 22, 2013

My Intentions for the Weekend

Miracle of Miracles! I have a weekend off! I didn't think it would ever happen. When you work in the restaurant business, weekends are a blessing and a curse. Sure, they are where the money is at, but sometimes you just need a weekend off.

Here are my plans:

- Go to Thimbleberry's. It's a used bookstore here in town and is one of the most magical places in Marshfield. I sincerely expect to find that Neverending Story book in there whenever I go there. I am also in need of a good read. Something to shake me to my bones. I am thinking something science fiction. I have been reading some really heavy stuff by Charles Darwin and Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and now I need something lighter.

- Listen to Britney Spears. Right this instant, we're listening to "Stronger". There is nothing like Britney to rekindle the inner fire within. Maybe it's a gay thing. Anyways, we are going to be having a lipsync extravaganza.

- Play with my nephew Alex. There's a possibility the Lanes are moving sometime in the future so I  need to soak up Uncle Time.

- Watch Season 5 of Rupaul's Drag Race again. Monday is "Snatch Game" which marks a shift in the competition. In case you haven't been watching, here is a synopsis:

2 comments:

Kevin Jackson said...

Did you find any cool books?

Grant Kellie said...

I found a commentary on the Philip Pullman "His Dark Materials" trilogy. And then I picked up Anne Rice's "Interview With a Vampire"... I was in the mood for some trashy homoerotic vampire violence.