Thursday, February 7, 2013

Love Songs for February

I may be alone this Valentine's Day, but I am celebrating love all the same. And this is the soundtrack of love in Grant's eyes. My synopsis: Relationships come and go, and perhaps I prefer them that way. But the doesn't mean you stop celebrating love.

 
I think that this first song "Heart of the Matter" performed by India.Arie has been my love motto for the last  few years. A couple of years ago I went through a pretty messy break-up, which I am not sure I ever fully recovered from; Nothing was ever the same since things fell apart in the summer of 2008. But the thing that has gotten me through is embracing love, even if it looks different than I expected. Ugh, learning to live without a person that was part of your life for five years.

 
The first time I skipped school was to go see "Titanic" in eighth grade and I must say, the movie infused me with the first understanding I ever had of love.

I know "Pearl Harbor" was twisted, but it came out when I was a young adult and it stuck.


Because Babs heals all wounds.

"Wuthering Heights" defined my sophomore year of high school. Seriously. It rocked my world. And set the stage for much twisted, unhealthy romance in my own life.

Because Bert McCracken speaks to my soul and this song defined five years of my life.


Just because I am a fool that still believes half of me is still out there, waiting to come back to me.

No comments: