Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 5

Queens That I Adore
Detox: Holy goodness, I adore her. As soon as I recognized her from the Chow Down video, I was sold. And she hasn't let me down at all so far. This week when she was doing the lipsync of Sharon Needles, oh goodness, I died. Died. Making out with Alaska with the fake blood. OMG.
Seriously though... she is my bet on the winner.
Alaska Thunderfuck: I don't think Alaska will actually win, but I adore her commentary. Hilarious. And I love that her and Detox giggle together.
Jinkx Monsoon: I love Jinkx every instant of television time. She is so kooky I can't stand it. I was sold on her when she described herself as Seattle's premiere Jewish narcoleptic drag cougar.
Ivy Winters: True, she borders on needing to step it up a notch, but she is doing well. I adored when she was wearing pregnancy tests as earrings.
Lineysha Sparkx: I always worry with the non-English speakers if it will be a hinderment to their performance. And so far Lineysha has done well without going Yara Sofia on it and just ranting Spanish in the challenges to create a character. Her drag is solid and she is one of the prettier ones in and out of drag.


Queens That Need to Step It Up a Notch 
Roxxxy Andrews: True she isn't really falling behind... but I am worried that Santino called her last look "Chewbacca does Drag." As a side note, she is one of the hottest queens out of drag. And I appreciate for the first time in Rupaul Drag Race her-story, the "body" queen is a bigger girl.
Alyssa Edwards:  She may call herself the "Vanessa Williams of Drag", but hunty, that's a lot of ego for someone who hasn't proved much. Plus, she has all this back-story with Coco which she seems to think we as viewers care about...but I don't care.
Coco Montrese: Like Alyssa, I need something more than just drama.
Jade Jolie: Initially Jade was one of my favorites, but then I have seen tacky outfit after outfit and I worry the taste level is pretty low.
Monica Beverly Hillz: I sympathize with her out of drag struggles, but in drag, she is kind of boring.
Honey Mahogany:  Way to boring thus far.
Vivienne Pinay: Solidly safe so far, but you have to wonder how much longer that will be okay.

No comments: