Sunday, April 28, 2013

Summer Netflix Project 2013

It's time for Netflix Extravaganza 2013! May 1st kicks off the third annual tradition of picking four amazing actresses and over the summer watching all the movies they have been in. And I am really excited for this summer's choices.

Zoe Saldana: You may remember her from such films as Avatar and Star Trek, I decided to include her because I wanted someone from a younger generation (no offense to the other ladies) who also has some good movies under her belt. I will not be watching Drumline though. Ick...was forced to watch that movie in 2004 and boy was it dumb.

Julia Roberts:  She has a few cheesy ones, like Mirror Mirror, but she has some previous favorites as well like Runaway Bride and Hook. And can you believe I have never seen Pretty Woman?


Meryl Streep: I am not going to even pretend that I will be able to watch all of her movies. Meryl has been prolific. But I am excited for the range from Sophie's Choice to The Devil Wears Prada to Angels in America to Kramer vs Kramer. It shall be lovely indeed.

 Halle Berry: A last minute decision. But she has a unique credit list and she's an Oscar winner. I am really looking forward to seeing her recent movie Cloud Atlas, while revisiting a childhood favorite The Flintstones.


The Netflix summer project is a lot of fun and I recommend it to anyone that loves movies and also finds that they have too much free time during the summer. The best part about the project is by the end you feel like you know the actresses. Past projects: Cher, Barbra Streisand, Susan Sarandon, Bette Midler, Whoopi Goldberg, Marion Cotillard, Kate Winslet, and Sigourney Weaver. You end up taking some chances on movies you wouldn't normally watch but that is half the fun of it. I've discovered lots of favorite movies this way. Last year I discovered The Color Purple and the year before The Rose. Hooray for Summer 2013!

No comments: