Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wildlife Close Encounter

Living here in the big city of Provo, I guess I had forgotten what it was like to run into any kind of wildlife beyond the deer that live in our orchard or the chihuahua down the street. However, today Kevin and I had a close encounter with Utah wildlife. Both he and I didn't have work this afternoon so we went hiking up Rock Canyon. As we came around a bend we saw a huge big horn ram. It wasn't too far away from us and we didn't go any closer for fear of getting hit by those nasty looking horns. There was another big one higher up the cliff wall. It was my first time coming into contact with one of these creatures, so I was excited. I didn't expect them to be so big. I know it was just a sheep, so it isn't as cool as seeing a mountain lion riding a moose, but it made me happy to see it.
(I think I've seen the head of a big horn sheep before but I think it was in Cabela's...so yeah, it was cool to see in real life, not stuffed and mounted to a wall.)

No comments: